Now, you can register you own custom docker image in AWS ECR instead of hub.docker.com. Secure your docker image through AWS ECR.
pip3 install --upgrade awscli
- Configure aws in your local machine
- After configuration, you can validate these details as seen below
aws configure list
- Build a Dockerfile to create an image locally
- Login to remote AWS and create a repository as you do in the GitHub
- Now, open the terminal and login to AWS ECR from cli
aws ecr get-login --no-include-email --region ap-southeast-1
- Copy and paste the auto-generated login details
- Build docker image as normal
docker build -t your-image-name .
- Create tag for the image you create (here, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx is to be copied from the remote aws ecr repo)
docker tag your-image-name:latest xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.dkr.ecr.ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/your-image-name:latest
- Push it to the remote AWS ECR
docker push xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.dkr.ecr.ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/your-image-name:latest